What is SALPay and what can I do with it?
A SALPay account comes with a SALPay Card paired with an e-wallet. With SALPay, you can:
- Withdraw money from ATMs in the Philippines and abroad
- Make over-the-counter purchases
- Shop online
- Transfer funds to bank accounts
- Apply for loans up to Php 250k
- Buy prepaid load
- Pay bills
A feature that lets you transfer money to other SALPay accounts is also in the roadmap.
If you do not yet have the SALPay app, start by downloading it for your device below:
What should I do before I can start using my SALPay card?
- If you are an existing Salarium/SALPay user migrating to the new UnionBank EON Visa card, you will get a KYC error the first time you try to sign into the new app. You will not be required to re-submit as they will be pre-filled for you. You need only fill in blank fields or update your information.
Otherwise, proceed with following steps.
- Complete the KYC Process by providing us with your name, identity, address and other pertinent information. You may do this via Salarium’s Employee Self-Service or the SALPay app. Simply fill in the required fields, upload a photo of yourself holding your ID and click submit. Examples of accepted IDs are as follows:
- Driver’s License
- SSS Card
- GSIS E-Card
- NBI Clearance
- PRC ID
- Police Clearance
- Voter’s ID
- BIR ID
- Senior Citizen Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- OFW ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Alien Certification Registration/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Government Office GOCC ID, e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (ID)
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Wait for your ID to be verified. We will notify you once you can access your account.
- Look for the SALPay app on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and download it.
- Activate your account by logging in with your Salarium account.
- Set your pin. Upon signing in to your account, you will be prompted to activate your card first by entering the last 6 digits of your SALPay card, after which you can set your desired 6-digit pin. Please take note of this pin as it will be the pin of your SALPay Visa card for ATM transactions as well. Succeeding pin changes will have to be done through any UnionBank ATM.